4/13/09

Easter Weekend

This weekend was full and fun and frustrating all together! I'll just concentrate on the full and fun however. Saturday we had our annual cousins Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard. We invited our next door neighbors as well and had a fun party with a big hunt, games and snacks. Easter Family Picture Attempt #1After that we went to my brother's house for another egg hunt and delicious dinner. Jeremy and his cousin both had some missing front teeth.Easter Family Picture Attempt #2Here's my Grandfather Kay with Kelsey. She was hard for him to hold onto. She just wanted to get down and eat the leaves and sticks. They have this awesome greenbelt across the street in their neighborhood which is just absolutely the perfect place for the hunt. Usually the men go hide the eggs but I really love to hide them so I joined in the fun. I had a blast! I don't know why I haven't spoken up sooner. Why let the men have all the fun? They don't care about it as much anyway. We had a million and one eggs to hide and the men were being all careful and easy about it so I showed them how to really hide an Easter egg. They had way more fun after that. The kids looked and looked and probably didn't find them all, but they found plenty. Jeremy had to empty his basket more than once so he could fill it again. I think he needs a bigger basket. Easter Family Picture Attempt #3 When we got home I set Kelsey down on the floor. While I was in the other room Jeremy shared his candy with her. What a giving boy he is. AAAAAAH! What a mess. Blue dribbles all over her clothes and the floor. That night I prepped everything for Easter the next day. On Easter morning, Daddy went to church early to practice with the choir. I got us all ready and had to remember a million things to bring to church so we ran a little late. I had a little bit of Sees chocolate to deliver. Luckily it all sold!!! I had to give the lesson in nursery and Jeremy had a talk to give in Primary. Busy busy. After church we went home and made our 4th and final attempt at the Easter Family Picture in our Easter clothes, aka, the kids' new Easter clothes and whatever David and I had in the closet. Finally! I was really happy I got everyone looking, eyes open and smiling at once! Miracles do happen. Then we were off to my Grandma's house for a visit and some Easter dinner. We brought ham, sour cream potatoes, homemade rolls, and brownies. Grandma made carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and had grape tomatoes, blackberries and strawberries as well. We feasted! Grandma had made Jeremy a little Easter basket; so sweet! He had fun looking at all his new treasures and playing the games with Daddy. On the way home we stopped and visited my parents. Kelsey and Grandma got to know each other. Jeremy showed Grandma how he was learning to tell time on this really cool clock puzzle my mom has. She has the best stuff!I decided to finally tackle some of the stuff that is in my old room at their house. I left a few things when I moved out and have never quite gotten around to going through them. Man, what a lot of junk! It was fun to see everything and enjoy the memories before I tossed most of it. The ride home was altogether ridiculous and we decided to never travel on a holiday again! I occupied myself taking these cool pictures of the more stop than go traffic. But we had a nice time with everyone this weekend and look forward to being with you again!

4 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

Love the family pics! Are those underwear? LOL

Cherish said...

The traffic pictures are so cool. The final Easter pic is wonderful! I can't believe you posted a pic of your ancient undies, scandalous!

Cory said...

I never thought I would see pictures of your panties. Now, if you were wearing the panties and taking the picture, we would have a problem and i would report you to the bishop!

Mindy said...

I think all the family photos are just adorable. Love all of Kelsey's dresses. Looks like you guys had as great weekend!