10/16/08

Kelsey's Blessing Pictures

So yesterday we went to take Kelsey to get her pictures taken in her blessing dress. We had a horrible experience trying to get it done before the blessing, so we were off to rectify the situation. Last Friday we went to Sears, and the manager turned us away because he was training new employees. What? Training them to turn away customers? Then we went to JCPenney who doesn't print the same day, and that's what I needed. Then we walked across the mall parking lot to Babies R Us who were very cheerful and happy to take us. By that time, though, Kelsey was screaming and tired of the whole affair. I tried to nurse her really quickly and my milk wouldn't let down because I was so stressed out. That made her mad and me trying to calm down so the milk would come down while my baby was screaming in the middle of Babies R Us. It was great. So finally we got to take her picture and they were so lame there. They wanted her to sit up against a straight board. Hello, she's only 3 months old. I had to help them so much I wondered why I was paying them to take the picture. I had to tell them to move the camera up, zoom it out, use a different prop so she could recline. It was terrible. So today we went to our trusty Picture People. The pictures were fantastic and it was hard not to buy all of them. Here's a few of my favorites from our sitting. And a special thank you to my sister who made the bow. It was perfect, thanks sister friend! Oh and a funny thing. We were waiting for our pictures and a family came in all dressed like Mickey, Minnie and a little Mickey in these awesome costumes. The little guy was screaming his head off and I asked if he could be bribed with candy. I gave him a piece of licorice and they got their cute pictures taken. The parents were very appreciative and I was just glad they could get it done. A good picture is so important to me.

4 comments:

Cherish said...

She is so precious. I'm sorry about the picture nonsense, that's crazy.

Mindy said...

Beautiful! Those booties are so darn cute!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

That is a funny story. I can totally relate about the milk not letting down. That can be so frustrating yet you can't be frustrated or it just makes it worse. The story about the family dressed up like mickey, that is so like you. I love how much you love pictures!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

Oh! and I'm happy for you that you got to go to the Picture People. The pictures are SO cute. I'm so glad the bow was the perfect size since I measured it with my husband's foot instead of a tape measure!