9/2/09

Natural History Museum

Yesterday we went with some moms from church to the Natural History Museum in LA. It was the free admission day of the month for all the area museums, and the last free day before school started. I was afraid it would be packed, but it wasn't too bad and we enjoyed seeing everything. They remodeled since we were last there and the kids area downstairs had this really cool dinosaur skeleton with a wire frame that you could take the bones out of and then put them back in. Kelsey thought the bones were particularly tasty. The T-rex thought Jeremy looked tasty too!They had fun playing with the bones and trying to figure out how to put the dino back together again. It was their favorite exhibit. I had to pry them away to look at some other things.Jeremy liked this aquarium. They both had fun listening to the ocean in the shells. The kids got to find out how much their bones weighed. Jeremy has 9 lbs. of bone, and Kelsey, just 4.Jeremy said, "Look mama, I see canyons!" LOL He was also very excited to open this drawer and find a bat, so he took a picture of it. We really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to our friend who organized our fun trip!

4 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

It was a fun day! I was bummed that my camera was not charged!

Cherish said...

Love the listening seashell picture.

Miriam said...

Nice that it wasn't too crowded. Breanna and I tried the museum at Thanksgiving Point on Two-Dollar Tuesday, but the line was a half-mile long! Those Mormons know a good bargain when they see one.

We bought some fudge instead.

Cory said...

fun! sorry i missed it. i'm a busy girl lately.