11/2/09

Octoberfest

So we've been home from Disneyworld for a month already and I have been the laziest of bloggers, so here's the October recap. My favorite thing about October is that it's Marie Callender's pie month! We had pies for birthdays and pies just because! I LOVE PIE!!!
My next favorite thing in October is our annual visit to the pumpkin patch. Our traditional pumpkin patch we go to every EVERY year was booted out by a new pharmacy. What? It seems like they're on every corner. We tried out the Seal Beach Pumpkin Patch, and it was pretty good.
Playing the Pumpkin Drums
Daddy and his girl
The cutest little pumpkin in the patch
Me and my boy
Jeremy wanted to go on the rides. They were so expensive! We let him choose one and he chose the big slide. It did look like fun!
Kelsey must taste everything.
Jeremy the Scarecrow
I love the way the sun hits their hair and makes it golden.
On Columbus Day, Daddy had the day off so we went to Disneyland. Jeremy loves the Great Mickey Pumpkin.
Run Away! She loves to look at the characters but doesn't like to get too close.
I love this picture of Daddy and his kids! They sure love him.
Waiting while Daddy and Jeremy went on the roller coaster. There they are in the first row for Jeremy's first ride on California Screamin'. Jeremy got chosen to play with the green army men. They were fun. Round and round and round they go! That night we celebrated Grandma's birthday at the Rainforest Cafe and then took her into Disneyland for some rides and fireworks! Daddy injured his leg playing racquetball so he was home with us for a day. It was fun to have him home all day with us and it was nice for Kelsey to have a playmate while Jeremy and I did school. I told Daddy he could stay home every day, but he convinced me that he really does need to go to work.
Hey, I can dream, right?
The next Thursday night I took Jeremy to Disneyland for a little Mama/Son date. It was great. He had lots of fun with his lightsaber. We went on some rides and then found a place for the fireworks!
They are awesome! The Halloween fireworks show is the best I've ever seen! My all-time favorite!
The line at the ice-cream shop was so long that we came home and made ice-cream sundaes.Then we feel asleep curled up on the couch listening to Daddy read us the scriptures. It was a great night!Soccer season is on! Jeremy is doing better and better every week and is having so much fun! Kelsey is hard to keep off the field. Jeremy got to be player of the game one week and he was SO excited! Grandpa & Grandma come to as many games as they can. It's fun for Jeremy to be on the same team as his cousin. Kelsey enjoys having cousins on the sidelines to play with as well. We got to go to Disneyland with my sister, BIL, and my niece. She and Kelsey both loved the teacups and the carousel.Later, we were on our own and checked out the Jedi show. Kelsey loves to sit with her big brother. She also found a little boy to love on. His mom actually used one of our hair bands to make a ponytail on top of his head to get the hair out of his eyes, so they had matching head sprouts! Later we met my sister's family at Hometown Buffet to celebrate this boy's birthday! He and Jeremy both had fun making and eating big bowls of chocolate ice cream! Our ward Halloween party was fun for the kids. Jeremy liked playing the games and winning the little prizes. Kelsey liked standing on the stage with the big kids for the never-ending costume contest. I had to take her down finally cause she was running all over the place. We had a fun surprise when my BIL and SIL showed up from Utah at the party. We love them and don't get to see them very often. Jeremy was excited to tell his uncle all about something, probably Star Wars. I finally broke down and we drove to Irvine to where our pumpkin patch had moved. It was so nice to be there. We measured the kids against the How Tall this Fall Scarecrow, as is our tradition.
Kelsey laughing at Daddy. Jeremy enjoying his free bounce in the bounce house thanks to the coupon they had online. Love it! Group Hug! I love that my kids are always up for a squeeze! Cuties with the Giants We had a special treat and went to Chick-fil-a after the patch. YUMMY!!! We lucked out and hit the Friday night promotion. We can go back any time till the end of the year and redeem our receipt for the same meal we ordered that night for FREE!!! LOVE IT!!! Kelsey is way into dunking in the BBQ sauce. On Halloween night we went to our friend's party. Here's my dragon and fairy princess. Kelsey loved this dog dressed up as a chicken that we encountered while trick-or-treating.
My poor niece was having foot pains and so David carried her around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat. When we got back we went to the backyard spook alley. You can see how Kelsey felt about it. I actually screamed louder than everybody. But it was fun, and I was proud of Jeremy for going through it. Here he is winning the prize for putting the nose the closest on the Jack-o-lantern. Great job baby!
It was a super fun, busy month and I am ready to move on to new adventures!

6 comments:

Cherish said...

Oh my goodness, where to begin. At least you're good at taking pictures, even if you take forever to share them with us!

I love the light saber action shot, very cool. Alana's hair color looks so much like mine at that age, but her face is nothing the same.

I now have a strong craving for ice cream, thank you very much. I'm sad I missed seeing the chicken dog in person. Your kids are as cute as always, love you!

Cory said...

Those are some great pictures. You've been so busy!!

Kath said...

very cute pictures. it so fun seeing you guys!

Mindy said...

You guys had so much fun. Great pics. Such fun family memeories!

Tasha said...

You have been one busy Mom! It looks like you have had a lot of fun though :) Love that you got to go to Disneyland so much!

Kristine said...

How fun! That Mickey Pumpkin is so cool!