2/17/10

Lovefest

It's been a LOVEFEST around here!It all started with our anniversary. 10 YEARS! We used a gift card we've been saving since I was pregnant to go to the Cheesecake Factory. They don't officially do anything for anniversaries, but our sweet waitress decorated our cheesecake plate for us. So cute! Both the kids had the flu, about a week apart, so I was LOVING the extra snuggles and the fact that Jeremy is old enough to puke in a bowl! Of course, we are LOVING Pie Month! Jeremy LOVES licking the bowl. We went roller skating for the first time as a family. Jeremy LOVED it! He fell down a lot, but got right back up and wasn't discouraged. So proud of him! He held our hands at first, but really wanted to do it on his own. Great job Jeremy! My fun friend threw a Valentine's party. We all had to make each other Valentines and a red treat to share. I made these lavendar heart sachets. Everyone made such cute things! I was feeling the LOVE! One of the silly things I missed out on when being homeschooled was the Valentine's class party where everyone exchanged valentines, so this was fun for me. I intended to make cheesecake brownies bites with cherries on top, but I burnt the brownies. So I crumbled them up and they turned into Cherry Cheecake Brownie Parfaits. I can't say I was disappointed! They were yummy! I found this cute reader at a craft show a few months ago. It's part of a series called the Alice and Jerry readers. We LOVE them! They were published in the 1940s so of course they are considered vintage which equals expensive! I snagged this one for a few dollars, not knowing how valuable it was. They're very popular, so now I'm hunting on Ebay
for deals so I can get the rest of them for my kids. Valentine's Day Eve we went to an adult dinner at the church, and we LOVED Grandma taking care of the kids at home! Sunday morning was Valentine's Day and we made whole wheat blueberry pancakes and let Daddy sleep in, which he LOVED! We've been LOVING the rain! And the rainbows.
Hope you're feeling the LOVE this month!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Fun, fun, and MORE fun! That sounded like a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary and yea for a Valentine's Day party. That sounded fun!

Cherish said...

You take the best pictures! Your belly has been filled with so much delectable food. I'm way jealous.

Cory said...

wow. you guys have been busy. you've got a lot of energy to do all those fun things. care to share any with me??

Kath said...

what fun pictures, kelsey and jeremy are getting so big.