A few weeks ago, JetBlue Airlines ran a promotion for $9 tickets to the Bay Area. I jumped at the chance to go! It is absolutely my favorite place to visit, besides Disneyworld, and you can hardly get a better deal than $9! JetBlue runs a lot of great promotions like this, but there's always a lot of restrictions like days you can fly, limited times, and the tickets sell out fast.
This time worked out for us to go, and we were excited!
This time worked out for us to go, and we were excited!
JetBlue is the best airline because they have TV at every seat, unlimited snacks, (seriously, as many as you want,) and you can check a bag for free! We packed all our stuff into one suitcase and pigged out on the snacks! It was a happy flight.
We took the BART into the city where I'd found a cheap hotel a few blocks away. It was a quaint little place called The Andrews Hotel, and was built in 1905.
I loved the flowers in the window.
We dropped off our stuff and went exploring! Our favorite thing to do in San Francisco is just walk the streets and check out all the interesting stores, people, architecture, etc. The Ferrari store was fun, but we didn't buy anything there. David showed me a baby outfit for $148! Yikes!
They have great window displays there. Inspirational.
This lady was playing the most interesting instrument. It made the most horrible sounds. Maybe it was just her.
Across the street is my favorite Old Navy store.
3 stories! So amazing.
3 stories! So amazing.
I tried on these great sunglasses but left them there. We grabbed some pizza and hit the hay.
The next morning we had a tasty FREE breakfast buffet which was served on every floor. Nice.
I took some shots of our cute hotel before we checked out to explore the city. We had a fire escape, awesome.
In the bathroom, there was this window which opened up to...
a hollow space in the middle of the building!
This is the original elevator from 1905 and had a sliding cage door that locked us in.
This sign in the elevator was an interesting read on the history of the building.
Jeremy is currently in love with Subway and was excited to see several locations all over the city.
I never tire of looking at the architecture in San Francisco.
They have such a blend of new and old, right next to each other.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason, with buildings just thrown up here and there, running into each other, taking up every available space.
They have such a blend of new and old, right next to each other.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason, with buildings just thrown up here and there, running into each other, taking up every available space.
Cutie.
This is one of our favorite things in the city. This sculpture carries the water around, creating different outlets and waterfalls.
There's a walkway with steps in the water all the way around that Jeremy loves to walk on.
The buildings are just SO TALL!
I love how they make the concrete jungle come alive with greenery stuck here and there.
She thinks you blow all flowers like dandelions. LOL
Me, Jeremy, and the Bay Bridge
???
Jeremy thought this was the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
We'd really like to climb to the top someday.
Fishy Bike
We'd really like to climb to the top someday.
Fishy Bike
Friendly Lobster
How fun would it be to own one of these?
Pier 39 has the yummiest looking display of fruit. And dipping chocolate? I think so! We ate some awesome clam chowder in bread bowls, and headed off for Fisherman's Wharf.
Kelsey started doing the double-paci in San Francisco.
Did the city make her anxious?
Who knows, but it was pretty funny looking!
Did the city make her anxious?
Who knows, but it was pretty funny looking!
My sweeties snuggling with sea lions.
Me and my boy and some cookies n' cream.
She stole mine, but who could resist her?
These ships were so cool!
Jeremy checking out the Golden Gate Bridge.
Can't miss Ghirardelli! Especially since they give free samples!
We took the bus back to Union Square where Kelsey and I waited and nursed while Daddy and Jeremy went to the hotel where they were holding our suitcase for us.
Kelsey had fun playing in the bushes.
Back at the airport watching them load the plane.
She's got a monkey on her back! Those people against child leashes have never felt the terror of losing a child. SO SCARY!
And this little girl is quick!
And this little girl is quick!


10 comments:
that's awesome Jamie! what a great opportunity.
Those were some really random pictures! I'm glad you got to go.
How fun!!! Glad you had a great time!
How stinkin fun!!! I need to check out their deal more often! Seriously. $9. I have never even heard of such things. You seriously find the best deals. Glad you had fun as a family.
How fun!!!
I'm jealous! what a fun trip. where do you hear about the jet blue deals? do you post them on your other blog?
I love the photo of you and jeremy eating ice cream. super cute.
We saw the deal. How fun for you guys! Your family is so cute and I love reading about your adventures. Thanks for sharing.
$9!!!! Man, you are so good at finding good deals!!!
wow! you guys had a great time!!!
when i was 18 i moved out on my own to long beach and the building i lived in was built in the early 1900's and it had one of those weird window things too that opened up into a big dark hole. it always freaked me out. seriously the place was old. the tubs were originals and had feet on the bottom.
Fabulous. I LOVE the randomness. What great memories for the kiddos.
Post a Comment