6/8/10

Chick-fil-A

Last week I had an adventure. I'd been waiting for this day for months, planning, scheming, and exciting myself into a nervous frenzy. I love Chick-fil-A. It is delicious! And wonderful. And a really great company. Every time they open a new store they give a year's worth of free meals to 100 lucky people, and I was determined to be one of them. I talked Kyla into going with me, she talked Holly into coming too, and we showed up at the restaurant in Laguna Niguel before 6 AM. The line was already long, and we knew that our chances were slim, but still possible. In the event that more than 100 people are in line, they raffle off the 100 spots. We waited anxiously for our numbers to be called. One by one the excited people were chosen, and the crowd dwindled. I was trying to remain positive, but I couldn't help resenting those people that were chosen. Then Kyla's number was picked. Oh my gosh!!!
#81.
Holly and I waited, nervous bundles of energy, and then the last number was called. We hadn't made it. I couldn't believe it. I was so prepared. You have to camp out at the restaurant for 24 hours and I was all packed and ready. David had taken the day off work to watch the kids. My disappointment was deep and bitter. Holly and I got ready to leave. Then Kyla called. She didn't want to wait alone. She offered half of her free meal tickets if one of us would stay with her. I wanted to so badly, but I wanted to make sure that Holly didn't want it. She said she didn't care and didn't want to stay. I was so excited!!!! This was the next best thing to being chosen myself!!!
She was #81 and I was her 81G.
We unpacked our stuff from our cars, set up the tent and settled in for the duration of our adventure.
It turned out to be so much fun!!
It was a gorgeous day!
Kyla and I just sat and gabbed all day long and got sunburned.
The Chick-fil-A people fed us breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We had an ice cream party that night. They played games. We enjoyed watching all the crazy people that were there. Some of them were veterans, having done this several times, traveling around to all the restaurant openings. The people next to us had a ping pong table set up there in the parking lot. Another group had a generator and decorations.
This guy had tubes of chapstick stuck through his earlobes. Amazing.
In the morning they woke us up at 5:15 to use the potty for the last time and then awarded the lucky 100 with their prize, 52 free meal tickets! The CEO of Chick-fil-A was there all the way from Georgia, playing the bugle in his Chick-fil-A pajamas.
There's our lovely #81!
And me, 81G, with the cow.
Thanks so much Kyla for the awesome adventure!
I had SOOOOO much fun with you!!!
It was Chickalicious!!! LOL

8 comments:

Cherish said...

How fun! You showed a totally different side than Nathan's pictures and description showed. I wonder if the bugler was at Utah too, and he never mentioned it.

Tasha said...

So fun!! That is neat that a person can have a guest stay with them as well. That really was an awesome adventure.

Kath said...

that is so awesome. I never knew they did that.

I am Katy, said...

It's fun to see the pics after hearing the story. :)

Miriam said...

Now that's dedication!
Congratulations!!

Pemberley Court said...

No WAY!!!! How fun!!!!!!!

Angie said...

So cool! How fun to have an adventure like that...and get free yummy meals! Oh, and btw...thanks for the kind words. :) You're the best! You made me cry. But in a good way...

Cory said...

So fun! I'm bummed I didn't make it down with you guys.