12/31/11

Solvang!



After Christmas we went on a fabulous sisters getaway to Solvang
 planned by my equally fabulous sister Cherish!


She found this fun park that the kids loved!


The swings were so great!


They even had this one that was more like an armchair, so comfy!


We packed a lunch and played for a while.
Kelsey loves stealing Daddy's hat!


The daddies played ball with the kids while the women sat and talked.


We went on my favorite hike to Nojoqui Falls!
The kids love this natural tree slide on the way up.


Family at the Falls!


The men got silly with the cameras!


Kelsey hit up Daddy for a ride!


Happy little hiker!


My favorite thing in Solvang!
Aebleskivers!!


We love the Dutch shoe photo op!


Just my size! 


We had never been to the mission, and were excited to check it out!


It had an interesting history and lots of fun things to see!


The weather this winter was unseasonably warm
and we went swimming!


They had a pool Kelsey's size
and one big enough for Jeremy to jump in!


Cherish and I had our annual dye adventure!


The last day we went back to Nojoqui Falls Park to meet our cousins!


Jeremy made it all the way across the monkey bars!
We were so proud of him, and he was proud of himself too!


We met our new cousin for the first time and Kelsey loved him!

Thank you Cherish for a wonderful vacation!!

7 comments:

I am Katy, said...

We made the blog! What an honor. :)

Cherish said...

It was so much fun!!

Brooke said...

That hike looks beautiful. we go to solvang every spring, but have never done that. I'm going to look it up.

Tasha said...

How fun! It is actually somewhere I have always wanted to go to. I think it need to move up on the list!

Angie said...

I LOVE Solvang! We still have a dutch shoe magnet on our fridge from our trip there about 8 years ago! What a cool place! Gotta go there again sometime and go on that hike!

Mindy said...

So, I just got caught up. Looks like you had wonderful holidays. I love the simplicity of a Solvang trip. I have fond memories there. I love the matching stockings, so cute. Kelsey is always dressed so adorable. I miss dressing my girl. 12 year olds don't like their mother picking their clothes and once she outgrew Gymboree it was a sad, sad day!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

I love reading your blog! Looks like you had lots of fun!