Bad Bad Blogger! So Sorry, I've been a major slacker. 2 weekends ago we had General Conference and we watched it at Luke and Diva's house which was relaxing since Superstar was the only kid there and he's so quiet by himself. Luke has done such a good job with the front yard that it inspired me to do some front yardwork of our own. It was Columbus Day the day after, so Daddy was off work and helped me chop chop some overgrown bushes, trees, plants, what were these people thinking?
Whoever had the house before us went hog wild with the plants and they're planted on top of each other everywhere with so order whatsoever. Daddy has wanted to rip them out for a LONG time, but I'm always so reluctant to kill something that's actually green and surviving. But Luke's yard inspired me, thanks Luke!
Anyway, Daddy borrowed Luke's chainsaw and took down the bush that they planted our mailbox in the middle of and some other stuff. Luke only let us borrow it on condition that I could not touch it since apparently I'm a "delicate flower." Whatever!!! How sexist is that?! But whatever, it's kind of cute they want to protect me from the big bad chainsaw. ;) I had to settle for doing battle with the clippers, which was kind of therapeutic, actually.
I was so filthy from literally climbing under bushes, ripping stuff out that I had to include this picture of Superstar and I post-shower all clean and cheeky!
6 years ago
3 comments:
No way... the bush isn't eating your mailbox anymore? That's crazy!
i love yard work, but not the big stuff. i just like planting things and watering. that's about it.
OK, funny story. I just made the squeaky clean picture my background. I was admiring you guys and then thought, wait, is that a long hair growing out of her chin? I wiped off the monitor and suddenly life was okay again! (Do you remember plucking a long hair from my chin during sacrament meeting, years ago?)
Post a Comment