So Saturday was Superstar's first time on the ice. He'd been wanting to go ever since we first went and picked up Diva from her ice skating practice. So we signed him up with a class from the city to see if he likes it before we invest too much into it. So he loved it! He wasn't exactly a natural; he was very cautious and didn't want to let go of Daddy, (I was so disappointed I forgot my socks and couldn't skate with them!) but he never wanted to get off the ice and keeps asking when we're going back. 
Of course, Superstar was disappointed because Diva wasn't there. She and Luke were at the ward campout, which we were sad to miss, but didn't want to miss Superstar's first lesson. He just asked me again if we can go ice skating tomorrow with Diva, and last night he asked where his skates were. If this keeps up I'm seeing ice skates in the future for his birthday. I picked up a brochure for the birthday party package they have at the ice rink, but it's only for 10 kids, including Superstar, and with all the nieces and nephews, it will be hard to invite hardly anyone else, so we'll have to see about that.
The real drama of the day was that my camera died, so Grandma came to my rescue with batteries. Then the flash was acting up and I couldn't get any pictures, so Grandma went and got her camera and I took a few pictures, but then her memory card was full. I got a few, so I was okay. I had to have pictures of my baby's first time on the ice!
3 comments:
FUN!!
Oh no, dead batteries! That is the pits! Thank heavens everybody has cameras these days. It looks like so much fun; I've never been.
Who knows? Maybe Superstar will become an Olympic champion figure skater. At least, he is our champion T-Rex/Pirate/Dog Walker/Cat Hugger/Rock Star.....
Post a Comment