"Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." -- Robert Frost
10/9/08
San Diego Field Trip
Yesterday we went on a field trip with about 70 homeschoolers to the Museum of Natural History in Balboa Park in San Diego. We took the train, which was a fun adventure I'd been wanting to try for a while.
Waiting for the train We were supposed to be there an hour early, why I don't know, so we saw a lot of trains come and go. Jeremy kept asking, "Is that our train?" Studying up on the safety procedures. He tried to open the window which is only for emergencies. It took me a minute to figure out why and then realized he was reading the instructions for how to remove the window for evacuation purposes. Nice to know he can figure out how to get out if he needed to. Resourceful boy.
Our views out the window were fun to look at.
The San Diego train station
Balboa Park
It was so hot I wanted to jump in that fountain. If we'd been closer to home I probably would have. I was glad we were going in an air-conditioned museum.
Jeremy was so excited to see the dinosaur bones.
"Take my picture with the shark, Mama."
I liked this carving because it reminded me of our little family.
Creating energy
Making friends with another 5-year-old boy
Good girl in the stroller. I got another comment from a dad that he thought she was a doll. Nope, she's the real deal baby.
This was cool! For those of you who've been on the Pirates ride at Disneyland, you know how they have that foggy curtain thing you ride through with the image of the pirate on it. Well I found out how they do it, see below. I was excited, since we were all mystified by it at Disneyland when they reopened the ride with that new addition.
Making his traditional pressed penny
Okay I don't know if you can grasp the enormity of this tree. I couldn't seem to back up far up to get the whole thing. If you look at the cars and trash cans under it maybe you can get an idea. It was enormous. Amazing.
Balboa Park had so many beautiful things and we just didn't have time to go around.
Playing with his new friend on the train ride home. He took turns with the little boy with the Leapster since the boy was obviously very interested in it. Good sharing Jeremy!
4 comments:
Please tell me that you get special rates for all of these field trips!! You guys are gone all the time! I'm not jealous or anything...
You did a great job of capturing your trip in just a few pictures! I love kids' museums.
That looks like a super fun day!
Holy Cow you guys do the greatest things. That is so cool!
Post a Comment