So the torrential rains that we've gotten this week have been absolutely magical for me. In fact, I think that it would take a seriously long time before I could grow tired of them. However, I realize that this is probably due to the fact that I can stay indoors and enjoy the view without actually getting personally soaked. When I was younger I loved to play outside in the rain but now I consider myself more of an indoor rain person. Kelsey has been begging to go outside all week and was quite upset that I wouldn't let her in the backyard. Well, yesterday we went to the graduation of a friend of ours from beauty school and consequently were forced out into the elements. I bundled us all up and brought the umbrella and cautioned Jeremy against getting his shoes wet in the puddles. All of a sudden I wondered why I was preventing my children from getting wet. It's water. They weren't in their Sunday best on the way to some important function. Clothes and shoes will dry and a warm home awaited us just a few miles away. I told them to go ahead and we had a ball all the way across the campus back to our car. And I fell in love with the rain all over again.





5 comments:
There is nothing better than playing in the rain. What great pictures!
Love it! It's so true! Why not enjoy it when you will be warm and dry soon! It's only miserable when you will be cold for a long time yet. You probably don't remember this, but one Sunday we had a cloudburst on the way home from church. As soon as we got home, you and I went out to play in our Sunday dresses (barefoot), complete with squatting in mud puddles. It was SO much fun.
I have always loved playing in the rain. My family used to take walks in it. I have always let my kids do it to...unless we are on our way somewhere of course. Just took some pictures of Josie enjoying the rain and puddles...just haven't posted yet! I'm loving all the rain too!Plus a warm shower or bath right after is wonderful! I agree it is just water!
Oh what fun, playing in the rain puddles! What a great MOM you are!!!! I was glad to have sunshine today!
Lanie
You are such a good mom. How fun! Evie and Chelsey danced in the rain on the way back to the car. Such good memories.
Post a Comment