1/17/10

Weekly Recap

Well, here it is, Sunday afternoon. David's out home teaching, the small one is down for her nap, Jeremy is playing quietly, and my pajamas are on! Time for the rundown on our week! Last Sunday we went to my sister's house to make aebleskivers. I loved them so much in Solvang that I bought some of the mix to make them since my BIL has an aebleskiver pan. We had dinner together and then made lots of the yummy little dough balls to dip in raspberry jam and powdered sugar. So Yummy!!! On Monday I was giving Kelsey her bath in the kitchen sink and noticed the paneling was separating from the wall, and termite droppings were falling out. I started to peel the paneling away and found this lovely sight underneath. I waited for David to come home and I told him I was ready to redo the kitchen. The next day I peeled the rest of it off and started thinking how I'll survive without a kitchen. It will be a long process as we'll have to do it little by little as we save the money, but it will be worth it!!! It's exciting and daunting all at the same time. Thursday we had my niece for a few hours. Of course I had to do her hair, cause that's how I roll, and then I gave her and Kelsey suckers. So cute! Friday we went to Disneyland. Jeremy had fun going on rides by himself for a while. There he is waving at me from the Golden Zephyr. Our friends came a little later and we had lots of fun with them! Our little girls are so cute together! The boys and the bumper bugs. The kids on the rapids. They got soaked!
While everyone else was on Tower of Terror, Kelsey bit into a sucker before I could stop her. So I had to buy it and take cute pictures. What else could I do? ;)
We had fun learning how to draw Grumpy the dwarf in the Animation Studio. We were all tired but we wanted to see the fireworks, so we went to the parking structure and watched them from the roof. They were big and beautiful and colorful!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, her shirt does say..."Candy Makes me Happy".

Cherish said...

Oh my gosh I never really visualized your kitchen de-construction until now! I hope you have a lot of patience. It will be so worth it when it's done but in the meantime, yuck.

Miriam said...

Golly, every time you guys go to D-land I find out there's something new I didn't know about!

Good luck with the kitchen! It is daunting, but it'll be very satisfying to get it done.

Jamie Greathouse said...

What a fun day we had! Thanks for the good memories!

Kristine said...

We did a kitchen remodel before, not fun, but the outcome is great!

Angie said...

That is so exciting! I have been to Solvang once and loved it there...those look delicious!