We went on a cupcake playdate with our friends to try the new Cinnabon cupcakes. They were ok, but if you want a really good cupcake go check out my friend's blog here. She makes the yummiest stuff!
We took a walk with Great-grandpa and had fun blowing dandelion seeds in everyone's yards. LOL
We had a blast at the Captain EO premiere. As you saw in the earlier post, we made the Internet baby!!! It was so awesome to be in the very first showing! Okay, so two funny things. One, we showed up to stand in line to watch it at 9 that morning and some people had been waiting since 9 the night before and we were in the same show! Haha! Two, people were all mad cause they wanted to sit farther back in the theater, and not way up front, and guess who got photographed? That's right, us. The ones who were gracious enough, okay forced, to sit in the front. Haha! It was really fun. The excitement level was so high, and the TV crews were everywhere filming. I'm so glad we went.
I've been putting the top of Kelsey's hair in sponge rollers at night sometimes so the straight top will match the curly bottom. And she looks so dang cute and girly in them!
We went to my great-grandmother's funeral with my sister. Jeremy was bored but sat very well for the service. Kelsey was a wild maniac. She and her cousin thought it was a playground with all that grass, and were quite rambunctious. Weddings and funerals, two things I want to take my kids to, but would really rather not.
We went to the most fun birthday party ever! It was a Hawaiian luau for a little boy's 1st birthday. Man oh man. They had a bounce house, a balloon artist, polynesian dancers, and the best food you'll ever eat! It was awesome!
Jeremy has been taking Shorinji Kempo classes for several weeks now. He's really enjoying it. The instructor told us to wait to see if he wanted to stick with it before we bought him a uniform, but I think he's ready! The instructor is so awesome, really funny, and great with Jeremy. It's cheaper than karate, because the instructors donate their time, and it's based on communication, besides the punches and kicks. Really good stuff.
So Daddy noticed something peculiar and remarkable about our baby girl the other day. She holds her writing utensils correctly. She doesn't do that little kid fist hold like most other kids. Daddy said he didn't learn how to hold his pencil correctly til he was quite a bit older. Maybe she'll be a good writer. She's very intent when she's drawing something.
Last, but not least, Jeremy has taken off with his reading. He was progressing along in school, but all of a sudden he wants to read everything! This is so exciting for me, as I'm a lover of reading. He reads signs out the car window, random books, and words here and there wherever we go! But my favorite thing to hear him read is a book to his little sister.
8 comments:
That party sounds fun, we've been to a few 1 year old birthdays for some of our Hawaiian friends, and they are so fun!!
Obviously I have the most brilliant nieces and nephews ever. :D
I like her funeral dress. It's a great cross between somber and pretty. But sponge rollers? Seriously? They're so uncomfortable to sleep in.
You know, it's funny, I just love David's grandpa from all your stories and photos, even though I've never met him. It's so wonderful that he's in your kids' lives.
Thanks for the update post. I always love hearing what going on with you. I must say I was most excited and amazed by Kelsey holding her crayon and Jeremy reading. VERY COOL!
What a beautiful Photot with great-grandpa! Priceless! Love the spongy curlers. I have pics of me and emily wearing them when we were little. It's a right of passage.
cute pics and thanks for the shout out!!
Looks like you've got an artist on your hands! I'd frame that tulip drawing for sure.
Loved that you guys were at Captain EO...and those cupcakes look delicious!
You're right... I do love you even if I'm a bad commenter! (I'll do better, promise).
I LOVE that you made the internet at the Captain EO premier. Awesome.
Post a Comment