3/12/10

Sickness & Spring

The sickness is never-ending. I shouldn't complain, we just have the wicked cold/flu bug that everyone is so kindly passing around. I decided to have a good attitude about it and just let things lie and enjoy a few days of R&R while our bodies mended. Well, it's been a week, and I'm ready to be mended. David got sick yesterday. Up til now, he had been the healthy one, the caretaker of all us sickies in the house. I thought oh no, he's going down too! But, he took Nyquil last night, crashed on the couch for 8 hours and woke up well. What in the world?!?!?! I shouldn't be surprised. I've never seen David be sick for more than a day or two. In fact, I rarely see him get sick at all. It's an amazing and blessed thing since the rest of us make up for him. Poor Jeremy has had a fever earlier in the week, he threw up once, has a cough, and a runny nose, chapped lips and nose. I had the body aches, cough, and this nose that won't stop. It took me 4 tissues just now to empty all the snot out of my nose. Gross huh? And when I blow my nose, it sounds like someone is squeezing a squeaky toy inside my ear.
I wish I knew what made this winter so rough on everyone. Everywhere I hear about people being sick repeatedly this winter. It stinks. The clocks change on Sunday, my birthday, so let's hope it brings sunshine, warmth, and relief from the icky sicky germs! Here's to Spring!

5 comments:

Carly said...

Hear, Hear! Aren't daisies the happiest flower? If you have be sick, I hope you have a little bunch of daisies to cheer you :)

Cherish said...

Spring, how I love you! My bulbs are starting to pop up. :-)

Tasha said...

Being sick is NO FUN!!! I hope it all goes away by SUnday so you can have a fabulous birthday.

Cherish said...

Today, for your birthday, may your snot only fill one tissue and any squeakiness come only from new shoes.

Kristine said...

That stinks, being sick just makes me sick thinking about it!