Today David's grandpa died. I'm so happy for him. I feel a little sad for me. We had a special relationship, at least it was special to me. I'm so glad that he was able to live here for a couple of years so we could spend some time with him. He loved my kids, especially Kelsey. He always said she was the prettiest little thing he'd ever seen. We liked to joke around with each other, and he always pretended to be shocked when I was sassy with him, but he was sassy too. I love you Grandpa.
Grandpa and I in the recliner at the fire station
Grandpa and Jeremy at Baskin Robbins
Grandpa and I at Huntington Beach
Grandpa and Jeremy taking a walk
4 Generations, Great-Grandpa, Grandpa, Daddy & Jeremy
Grandpa and Jeremy on the swings
Grandpa and Jeremy with the turtle that came from where Grandpa lived.
Grandpa in the hospital taking the medicine he hated.
Grandpa and Kelsey
Grandpa and I
Grandpa and his favorite, chocolate cake.
Grandpa and Kelsey at her birthday party
Grandpa and Kelsey with matching hair bows
Me wrapping up Grandpa cause he was always cold!
Grandpa was so good at holding Kelsey while she slept.
Grandpa had a wicked sense of humor!
We took Grandpa for a walk to get some sunshine a few weeks ago.
I'm so glad we did.
I love you Grandpa.


14 comments:
Sorry for your loss. It looks like you guys made some great memories with him. I love the 4 generations pic.
I loved the pictures. Thanks for loving my dad.
It looks like he was such a fun and silly grampa! Those are the best kind. :)
My condolences!! I hope your family is doing ok. I loved all the pictures. They are great! Kelsey is getting so big and she is super pretty!
So sorry Jaime. I loved seeing your posts and pictures with him. How awesome he got to come live here for awhile and be with you guys and the kids.
Such touching and wonderful pictures.
Well, you know me, I hate death, so I'm so sad he died. But you said he was in pain, so I'm happy too, that he's in a better place. I'm glad you had such a great relationship with him!
He looked like he would be so much fun! I am so sorry for your loss, but also so grateful for teh knowledge you will all be able to be together again!
My prayers go out to you and your family. It looks like you guys had a wonderful relationship. It's never easy to say good-bye even if it for just a little while. It's great that your kids were able to know him. Thanks for sharing your memories of him. The pictures were great.
I'm sad that Logen didn't get to meet him but I'm sure he is happy. what beautiful pictures and memories you had with him.
((hugs)) I heard from Bonnie last week that he wasn't doing well. It's so wonderful that you made so many great memories with him.
Those are great pictures Jaime...
I am sorry I didn't finish his book so he could have seen it, but I am glad I have his story so his memory will be passed on...
I too am glad he has been out here so we could get to know him - You guys did so much with him, but we have some memories with him too.
I also think he is happier now.
That just made me cry. Sending you love. Even though it can be good for them it can still be so hard for us. I love all the wonderful pictures you have with him.
So, it looks like your spring break was awesome. I am glad you got to know Davids Grandpa so well. Those will be tresured memories you can share with your children about thier great-granpa. I'm so glad you got to walk with him a couple weeks ago. Priceless.
Post a Comment