7/1/10

Mira Mesa Chick-Fil-A First 100!

Last week we had another Chick-Fil-A adventure.
After I did the Laguna Niguel restaurant opening, I saw how family-friendly it was and I wanted to take my whole family! David got the day off work, and we stayed overnight with my sister and her family so we'd be closer in the morning.
We all got up at 5 that morning and went down to get in line. It was my niece's birthday and they were good sports to come that early so we'd have more chances to win!
David and I both won!! The kids were our guests and got wristbands too so they could get all the free food that day.
We set up camp with our tent, shade awning, table, and chairs.
We were ready!
We ended up next to another homeschool family with the nicest little girl who played with Jeremy all day.
We did a lot of jump-roping.
The play-doh was a great choice to bring!
It kept the kids occupied for hours!
We got to walk though the drive-thru for our meals. It was fun!
Chicken on a biscuit for breakfast. Mmmm...
My cute little cows! I made them some costumes for the occasion.
I appliqued some black cow spots on Jeremy's T-shirt and I made Kelsey a black and white tutu and fun cow clippies for her hair!
So fun!
Enough pictures Mama!!
There's my pretty ballerina cow!
We made big bubbles all over the parking lot and the tent city.
Ate plenty of Pez.
Read stories.
Did a puzzle.
Took a snooze.
All before lunch!
The best chicken strips ever!
One guy brought his pet bird. It was a Caique (kī-EEK).
Nice Scrabble word.
In the late afternoon, the DJ arrived, and Kelsey started dancing.
The kids both enjoyed the music. They were the first ones out for the dance party that lasted for about 5 hours!
We played the most fun game where we all held hands in a circle and had to pass the hula hoop.
Then we just played with them!
Of course Daddy had to get a shot of my behind.
Shortly after, Kelsey conked out and snuggled up with her cow blanket! I had so much fun sewing for this event, can you tell?
Limbo!
Here we are the next morning, tired and greasy, but winners!!!
I was interviewed by the San Diego Tribune,
and you can see me in this news clip around the 2:00 minute mark getting my meal tickets!
We did it! We earned 104 free meal tickets!
Not bad for a free campout, with free food and entertainment!
Can't wait for the next one!!!

5 comments:

Cherish said...

LOVE it! You're all ready for July 9th, just print out the ears and nose!

Carletons said...

I have no idea what this is all about, but yay for free food!

Tasha said...

Seriously SO COOL!!!! I love it. It is really making me want to try. Glad you had a good time and won all those free meals :)

Kyla Armstrong said...

I'm so sad I didn't go! You had too much fun.

Miriam said...

Never mind the cow--they should make YOU their spokesman!!
Congrats--again!