Last week we had another Chick-fil-A First 100 adventure. Daddy couldn't get off work to go with us and none of my friends could go either so it was just me and the kids. I was a little apprehensive since this Chick-fil-A is down the street from Magic Mountain and it can get pretty hot up there in the summer! I watched the weather and when I saw the day before that it would only be in the 80s, I decided to do it! I had David set the alarm for 4:00 AM, but we overslept! I woke up at 4:15, no time for a shower, grabbed the kids and we were off! Luckily there's no traffic that early and we got there just in time to get in line for the drawing.
They started drawing numbers and I was #22! It was so exciting to be chosen so early in the 100 people! It's so anxious as the numbers go on and on and you just never know! We got all registered and then moved all our stuff from the car to set up camp. We camped by a lady I'd met before. It was fun to see familiar faces. The guy on the other side of us was an Eagle scout and helped us get our tent set up. So lucky!
It got a little too warm for me, but it wasn't miserable. Kelsey loves the unlimited supply of ice. She seriously just chows down on it all day!
The kids had fun playing with playdough,
reading books,
eating the cookies I'd baked the day before,
picking all the pretty flowers,
and playing with new friends.
One of the guys camping out was a balloon artist. He was incredible, and so generous. He made balloon creations for all the kids there.
We got a cow.
And a T-Rex.
They had some fun water games that helped cool us down and pass the time.
We won twice and got some cool Chick-fil-A travel mugs.
I was pretty excited about our cow outfits. Jeremy had his cow shirt he wore last time, and then I made Kelsey a little cow dress as well, and a cow skirt for me! We were definitely the most festive people there!
Kelsey loved to twirl in her cow dress! What a girl; I love it!
The kids were way excited about the ice cream party that night!
This girl got huge scoops all over her dress, but she enjoyed it!
The next morning was exciting as we got in line to walk through the restaurant and claim our 52 free meal tickets!
We were greasy and tired, but we made it!
We were greasy and tired, but we made it!




9 comments:
DUde-you're an awesome mom!! Your kids are very lucky to have you!!
PS-Love their outfits and Kelsey's bows-so so cute!!
You are so brave! I love the cow costumes!!!! I guess you love it that much huh? hehehe
I don't know which balloon animal I love more!!!! Of course you were the most festively dressed ones, so awesome! Only 3 weeks until our own camping adventure, gosh I hope we get drawn.
you are so brave! and awesome.
You are getting good at this!! How fun!
You should write a book--truly!
But wait . . . How manny meal tickets do you have now? Your going to have to eat Chic-Fil-A every day for the rest of your life just to use them all !!!
But wait . . . How manny meal tickets do you have now? Your going to have to eat Chic-Fil-A every day for the rest of your life just to use them all !!!
Wow! You could have meals for LIFE! lol...Such an amazing mom! Your kids look adorable in their outfits!
Post a Comment