8/23/10

Va-NIE-lla Squared

My awesome friend Kyla knows the way to my heart.
This little beauty came wrapped up all the way from vacation in Utah at the Sweet Tooth Fairy confection shop.
Va-NIE-lla Squared. Delicious. Heaven. Oh I love you Kyla.
Almost as much as this cupcake.
I have to say though that this happy moment was spoiled by the balloon drama at the party. As I took my first bite of vanilla confection perfection, I heard the wails of my 7-year-old.
I couldn't imagine what could be the problem. But as I followed his pointing finger into the sky, I saw the entire bunch of birthday balloons we had just picked up from the party store. The huge polka-dotted mylar cupcake, the rainbow assortment of other balloons, all floating away. Daddy apparently had just stuck them under the umbrella and told me to do something with them and was a little annoyed that I had not taken care of them. I hadn't heard him and was a little annoyed that he hadn't tied them down till I could get to them. Jeremy was crying and inconsolable since he had just stated, "You can't have a party without balloons!"
All the while I just want them all to be quiet so I can enjoy my little piece of heaven. Oh well, it was freakin' fantastic anyway.
Thanks Kyla; you rock!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love that cupcake store too. The rasberry lemonade is AMAZING! You are a lucky girl to have a friend bring you such yummy treats from so far away!!