3/25/09

I Can Tie My Shoes

So about a year or so ago Jeremy told me he wanted to learn to tie his shoes. I was not looking forward to it. It sounded like an exercise in frustration to me. I didn't think I had the patience for it. We tried once and both ended up totally frustrated. So I relegated the task to Daddy. Well, the subject was just kind of dropped and then last week Jeremy wanted to try again so I finally sat down with him and taught him how to do it. I kept my patience but he got frustrated and we ended the lesson. I thought we could practice a little bit every day during school and eventually, after a few weeks, he would get it. Well the next day he sat down and voiced aloud the steps to me and tied his shoes all by himself! I was so amazed and relieved! This is the picture of that first time he tied his shoes. Great Job Jeremy!

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Good job! Isn't it amazing when you think how fast he has grown up?

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

wow I am so impressed!