Okay, so for those of you who know me, I am the daughter of the quintessential Mormon mom. Make your own bread, can your own fruits, vegetables, and anything else that will hold still long enough, hang your clothes on the line, and live out of your garden. I have not inherited many of these desires, but I am thrifty and the rising cost of my favorite authentic whole wheat bread prompted me to try making bread. I have made other bread products: rolls, cinnamon rolls, pizza dough, other breads and such, but bread for a sandwich or something seemed very intimidating to me. Why, I would like to know? I was raised on homemade bread. I watched my mother make it hundreds of times I'm sure and knew nothing else until I left home. But intimidated I was and so it took the rising cost of food to give me the courage to try it.
The yeast bubbled,
the dough rose,
the boy helped,
and the loaves came out beautiful, soft and yummy! I am sold. I looked at the cost of the ingredients and I am saving money! I know, no surprise, right? But I'm glad to have conquered my fear and now have to continue to conquer my inner lazy child and bake more bread.
Wish me luck!
6 years ago
7 comments:
It is amazing to me,what we will try when you have to and then we like it better! Has happened to me quite a lot! Good luck with continuing!
I wish I could do that! I haven't been able to get a loaf to turn out right yet. It looks so delicious and I'm sure your house smells yummy, too!
Good job! I'm so proud of you! I get random illogical fears too, so I hear ya on that. I like your mini-loaves, they are cute.
Hey Jaime,
Great Job on the bread! My family loves homemade bread too. I think I like the kind I make better than the kind the bread machine makes. But, on a Sunday after church there is nothing better than the aroma of hot bread that I didn't have to work hard at! Your bread mixer bowl thing looks exactly like my mothers did growing up! She sounds a lot like your mother! :) They did everything and did it well!~
That bread looks perfect!! I could smell it from the pictures!! Good job!!
Yum... :)
YUM!!!!!! Way to go you! It is something that is intimidating to me too. Will you share your recipe?
Post a Comment