1/14/10

Jeremy's 7th Birthday!

Last Friday was Jeremy's 7th birthday! It started out with a happy birthday phone call from Great-Grandma Parker. Then it was off to the donut shop with Daddy to get a dozen of Jeremy's favorite donuts for our traditional donut birthday cake! It was so yummy! Then we got ready and went to Disneyland! We got there right when it was opening and rushed to get on California Screamin', Jeremy's favorite roller coaster. It was so fun being there early, right when they were starting the rides up, and before all the crowds got there! Jeremy has been telling people for weeks that when he turns 7, he can go on the rides by himself. This was his first one, and he was so excited! Birthday boy on the carousel! Birthday boy's cute sister on the carousel. Jeremy and I on Soarin'. He wanted to go on it by himself, but I convinced him that it would be okay for me to go too. Love that ride!Special ice cream treat for his birthday! It was so fun for Jeremy to be chosen to be in the Jedi Training Academy on his birthday!
First he trained. Then he fought Darth Maul. Then he got his certificate and boy was he excited! While Daddy and Jeremy hit up some big rides, Kelsey and I went to go see Mickey and Minnie. Kelsey's having a love affair with them right now. She gets so excited whenever she sees their picture, and loves to squeeze the stuffed ones she has at home. Look Mama, there she is! Then we played in the fountain. Back with our crazy birthday boy again! He has always wanted to make a double lightsaber, so that was his birthday present. Here he is building it with Daddy, Uncle Jim, and the Disney helper. How did she know these two were lovers? She kept making their noses kiss; it was so cute! Walt and Mickey at sunset. I was so surprised and proud when Jeremy read this sign to me! He's learning!
We went to Mimi's for his birthday dinner and they gave him this piece of chocolate mousse cake and sang to him.
When we got home he showed us his lightsaber skills.
Happy birthday baby!

8 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Happy Birthday, Jeremy! What a super-fun day!! What boy could possibly dream of more?!

Heather said...

Ok-so I love love love the Donut cake!! Honestly, those are my favs in the whole world and I have never thought of that!! Guess what kind of cake I am gonna have for my bday?!?! I love you pics!! You guys are always smiling ans so happy!!

I am Katy, said...

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it's always so professional looking. I can't believe Jeremy is 7 already I would have guessed he's only turning 5 or maybe 6. Time sure flies, enjoy every minute you can.

Cherish said...

I forced Nathan to look at the recent blog entries and he LOVES the idea of a doughnut cake. I guess he'd never seen it before.

Tasha said...

Now that sounded like one fabulous birthday! We love to do Donuts on birthdays too! YUM ANd what is better then Disneyland for a birthday :)

Cory said...

so fun!! I am so jealous of the birthday donuts. we used to take ahnika to the donut store on her birthday for a breakfast donut but then we found out about her allergies and had to stop that tradition. hopefully she will outgrow her allergies and we can start back up again some day. i think it would be fun to have her be like 40 years old and still going to the donut shop for breakfast on her birthday. that's one thing about my own childhood that i wish had more of. traditions.

Kristine said...

Happy Birthday and seriously everytime I come over here I need some chocolate!!