So when I was growing up it was always the joke with my old relatives that they needed to go the body shop and get a new set of teeth or new eyes or something. Well now, thanks to modern medicine, they can replace so many things! It's really quite amazing. So we were at my MIL's house the other day and her friend came by with her son who had had his foot amputated. He was really good and let all the kids gather round and see his artificial foot and how it went on and everything. Well I really wanted Superstar to see it because I thought it would be a valuable experience for him. I wasn't sure what he'd do, but he ran in the room and stared at that thing and then reached out and touched it.
I had to take a picture because everybody was just sitting back and oohing and aahing but he just went up and touched it. Then he started taking the foot off and examining it and putting his hand inside and putting it on and taking it off the boy it belonged to. It was really great to see him not be freaked out but inquisitive and accepting. Hopefully he'll always be this way.
6 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, that's great that he was so accepting. I dated a guy whose dad had a glass eyeball. That was weird.
Post a Comment