9/8/08

Homeschool Comic

David found this comic yesterday. It's kind of small print, but hopefully you can read it. It says just what I think. I feel like social skills are more important than math and science, because if you can't get along with other people, life will be hard for you. However I think that school is not the only or best place to develop those skills. There's a lot of sweet children at school, but also some disturbing things that are hard. Bullying, peer pressure, and kids younger and younger expressing their sexuality and getting involved with drugs. I'm excited for all the kids we're going to interact with in the homeschool park days, gymnastics classes, field trips, library days, sports, and church. I hope my kids grow up with a network of wonderful friends. My growing up years in homeschool were kind of lonely since we lived in the country, so I feel very blessed to live in such a great place with lots of people and opportunities for interaction.

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Definitely, you have so many great opportunities for interaction! Lots of cousins too, we didn't have that.

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

I love this post. I so agree, very well said!!!!