9/22/08

Mr. Fix-it

This weekend was work around the house weekend. So in addition to the 33 Cypress tree all in a row around our property, we had a Pepper tree at the very front of our property. Everyone had them at one point. They're on city property so I assume they planted them when the track was built 50 years ago. Anyway, the roots were causing problems in our plumbing so we had the city take their tree out a few years ago. Well they only cut it down and didn't take out the roots, which were the problem! Anyway, when we got back from our trip, the plumbing backed up again in the driveway overflow. Yuck. In the past it's cost us a few hundred dollars for the plumber to clean it out. This time Daddy rented the machine and cleaned it out for $40.00! Yay Daddy! The ironic thing is that the city finally came while we were gone and ground out the roots to that pepper tree. It only took them 5 years! Aaargh! So hopefully this is the last time we'll have to deal with that. Then on Saturday, we went and helped Jon put in a new front window. It was much bigger than his old one so he had to make the hole bigger. It made a big mess, but looked beautiful when it was all done. I helped by mowing the backyard, making pizza and shop vaccing. I love the shop vac! I want one. It's so awesome! I went crazy with it, vaccuming under the stove and under the furniture and everywhere! Jeremy played on the computer in the office with the doors closed since he hates loud noise. Kelsey slept through it all, she's so good.

2 comments:

Cherish said...

It's so nice you have a friendship where you help each other with projects. Of course Kelsey slept well, how can you not sleep peacefully when you know you're that cute?!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love getting big pojects done, it feels so good. That is hilarious that the city finally came and took the roots out! I love your stories.