Last night we ate with our neighbors. They made tacos and I made peach cobbler.
Their friend is from Oaxaca Mexico and her dad sent her this tasty treat, grasshoppers cooked in lemon and salt. Yum yum, not!!! Okay I was so disturbed. Then I was filling my taco shells and there was a grasshopper leg that had broken off and was sticking out of my food. AAAAAAAAAH!!!
I just couldn't wrap my head around it and David and my neighbors were laughing and teasing me. They said that's what you get for living next to a Mexican. It was so fun.
6 years ago
8 comments:
Where's your sense of adventure? I might have actually tried that with the proper amount of peer pressure! Glad I wasn't there. (Maybe this diet is getting to me!!! LOL!)
I would have been disturbed too.
I mean I am just from the picture.
i would have totally tried it. believe me.... grashoppers aren't as bad as some of the stuff out there. think of all the spidars you eat every year during your sleep/ i would much rather have had a grasshopper cooked in lemon that a yuck old spidar with no seasoning.
Cory! I think that the "eating-spiders-in-your-sleep" story is a myth! Or, it only pertains to mouth-breathers like Glenn!
Yeah, my mouth stays firmly closed at night and even if I do inhale a couple of spiders, unconscious is the only way you'll ever get a bug in me!
That is completely revolting!!! Ewww!
FUNNY! I tried a fried grasshopper in seminary once. I think it was when we were learning about John the Baptist and how he ate honey and locusts in the wilderness. It wasn't bad, it tasted like popcorn. I just didn't care for how the legs got kinda stuck in my teeth, but then again popcorn does too.
That is hilarious that your nieghbor's dad would send them in the mail!!!!
According to our cousin, serving a mission in China, a great delicacy is "poop". (That's her words). She hasn't chosen to eat it YET!
Thank goodness your mission was to the great state of OKLAHOMA.
Post a Comment