Today we went with our neighbors for the traditional Santa picture at the mall. So we got there and he had just left for lunch, or feeding the reindeer for the next hour as Santa's helpers told us. So we went and got some Wendy's and did some Christmas shopping and returning. When we came back, my neighbor went to the potty and by the time she came back Santa had left again to "feed his reindeer" for an hour and 15 minutes this time. I was getting a little tired of this but what could we do? So we let the kids play in the new play area at the mall, which they loved and walked around some more. When we came back to see Santa, the line was so long. It was ridiculous. But we waited, and finally it was our turn. After they took the picture the helper girl asked me which picture package I wanted to purchase. They were ridiculously expensive, so I said I wasn't going to get any. She then informed me that if I had taken pictures with my camera then I had to purchase some pictures. I told her I wasn't informed about that. She pointed to the sign and said the policy was on it. I told her I hadn't seen the sign. She told me that if I had waited in line I had to have seen it, it was impossible to miss it. I told her I was sorry but I had not seen the sign. She said fine in her huffy little way and turned her back on me. Hello! I didn't see the sign! I understand their policy, but I didn't know and I wasn't about to erase the pictures from my camera or fork over a bunch of money either. Every day is not only an adventure but a new drama.
6 years ago
2 comments:
Wow, that is ridiculous. Good for you for sticking up for yourself - they probably get most of their sales by guilting people into it. Who sees that sign when they have been wrestling with cranky kids for ages in line?
Ha ha ha, that story made my laugh. You go girl. I'm so happy for you that you were sassy enough to win!
Post a Comment