"Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." -- Robert Frost
6/26/09
Daddy
So I was checking out some other blogs and saw many nice tributes to fathers last Sunday. In appreciation for my wonderful husband, I thought I would write something nice as well. When I was dating I always wanted to marry a man who would be a good daddy, and that's one of the reasons I married David. I know he's not perfect, but he's always happy to spend time with his children and wants the best for them. I love to be in another room and hear the squeals and laughter from my children as Daddy plays with them. I loved watching David at Jeremy's t-ball games, giving him tips, and encouraging him to do his best. I love hearing him try to teach Kelsey to say Hi Daddy. David's the one who taught her to fold her arms for the prayer, although briefly, and he always gets the most kisses from her. Jeremy believes Daddy knows everything. Whenever I don't know an answer to his question, he says, "Maybe we can ask Daddy." I love that David loves and adores both his children equally. He is just as delighted in one as the other. Jeremy is his favorite boy and they have lots of fun together. David adores his baby girl Kelsey and loves to snuggle her to sleep at night. Parenting is such a balance and David is so good at having fun with our children and gently guiding them in the right way. I appreciate so much all he does for our family. Happy Father's Day!
3 comments:
How nice! BYW. I love your new picture header! So cute!
Aww, love it! He is a good daddy and fun to watch with the kids. What a lucky family you are to have each other!
How sweet, what a good idea. It's totally past Father's Day, but I would like to do that about Allan. Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment