Warning: This post contains a disturbing picture of my skin.
Okay, so I'm white. I know I'm white. I've always been white. I'll always be white. So why do I try to tan every summer? One of these years I'll just accept the fact that I have a farmer tan, and that I'll never be a swimsuit model.
This time was especially bad. I've never been this burned. I've got blisters which means second degree burns. David's been lathering on the Aloe and Vitamin E lotion while I scream in pain. Getting dressed and going to church today was painful, but as I told David, I couldn't stay home just because I was stupid. At least I have the good sense to sunblock my children. I only abuse my own body. Maybe next year I'll get smart and put sunblock on before that first token sunburn of the summer. But I'm not counting on it. After all, this is the 34th summer of my life and I haven't learned yet. Today is the first day of the rest of summer however and I vow to embrace the sunblock, embrace my white skin, and enjoy the rest of my summers burn-free! Wish me luck!
8 comments:
OWWWWW!!!
I had no idea that you weren't wearing sunblock! I saw you red at the end, but never imagined blisters! I hope you feel better soon. Lots of ice packs will help keep it cool.
SPF 60 is the lowest I'll go. I like being as white as possible. Pasty white is the best. It beats blisters.
Be careful - skin cancer is very real and very scary. I wear the heavy duty sunblock everytime and I'm as white as they come. It's better than cancer.
You poor thing!! Sending happy healing thoughts your way.
Oh ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only we took as good of care of our selves as we do our children! :)
Oh, that stinks!!! This is the year that I too decided, (being as white as I am), sunblock is a must if I go outside. I've finally admitted I just can't tan!!
Ouch!!! That looks horrible. I hear ya on getting sunburned. Every year I say "Oh, I will only put sunscreen on my face." Dumb me! Man, I hope you get better from this one soon because it really looks like it hurts.
OH OUCH!!! I am amazed you could put clothes on, you are strong. I can relate, I don't always put sunscreen on myself, but I put it on the kids every day. He he he. I do try to embrace whiteness, but having some color is nice too. When I feeling especially white I try to image I am one of the those beauties from the olden days when only the rich people that didn't have to work were the ones that were white. And their fairness was considered beautiful! When is that comming back in style?
Post a Comment