9/22/08

San Francisco

So last week we went with Daddy on his business trip to the bay area. He had to inspect the navy base in Concord since it's shutting down and make sure it didn't have any explosives left on the base. I love going up there! I would love to live in Northern California. It's so green and pretty and there are so many fun things to see. We stayed at the Residence Inn, which is my favorite because it's like a home away from home with a kitchen in all the rooms and a nice breakfast and dinner served every day by the hotel. It's funny because all the guys at David's work call it David's hotel since he's told everyone about it and now they all stay there when they go up for business. It's crazy how much it costs, but since the government was paying for it with their special rate, we stayed for free! I had to fly up by myself with the kids since David had to go on a government contracted flight, but he took all the big bags and I just had the kids and the diaper bag. Thanks Daddy! I was sick with a bad cold and was kind of dragging. We missed our flight, but we only had to wait a couple of hours for the next one and the kids were really good in the airport. Once we got on the plane we were fine; Jeremy's a flying professional and Kelsey did great too. She just slept. When we got there Daddy took us to In-N-Out and then we headed to the Oakland temple and saw a display of sculptures that were there for a few months. We couldn't take pictures of them, but they were beautiful, depicting Jesus Christ at different times in the scriptures. Jeremy loved the statue of Christ in the lobby. The sister missionaries played us the narration of Christ speaking and Jeremy loved it so much he asked for it to be played again. I love the tender enthusiasm for spiritual things when they're little. It was nice because no one else was there since the temple is closed on Mondays, so we had the grounds all to ourselves. I loved it because the Oakland temple is my favorite next to the Los Angeles temple of course. It's so beautiful and the views are amazing. We'll have to go inside someday. Tuesday I took Jeremy to a place called the Jungle. It was like Chuck E Cheese times 10. I can't begin to describe it. The building is huge and it's two stories almost completely filled with the tubes and tunnels going all over with a million different paths. There are games too, which Jeremy wanted to play forever, but of course cost money. That night we went into San Francisco. We hit up the Gap store because for some reason the San Francisco Gaps always have a ton of really great clearance. It's my favorite. I found some really cute things for Kelsey. We went to Pier 39 and had clam chowder in a bread bowl, yummy! Then we went and got our free chocolate sample at Ghirardelli's. Yummy yummy! We drove around for a while just looking at all the cool stuff that is San Francisco and then we drove back across the bridge. The next day I was so lightheaded that we stayed at the hotel and just went in the pool and the hot tub when Daddy got back from work. I totally want a hot tub now; it was so great! Thursday was our last day and we packed up, ate lunch and went to the airport. Daddy got us there 2 hours early in typical Daddy-early-everywhere fashion, so we had fun taking pictures to pass the time. It was good to come home, but so fun to be there!

4 comments:

Cherish said...

Thanks for the post... since you never called me back. :P

Pretty temple grounds, I've never seen that one. I want to go to the Jungle! Too bad I'm too big.

I love Kelsey's big eyes and the one where Jeremy is looking up to the side, like he's a pin-up girl!

Miriam said...

What a terrific trip! The picture of your "carry-on" cracked me up!!

Seth said...

What a cute family! I love how much you update photos on your blog! Kelsey is soooo beautiful! I'm glad you guys had a great weekend!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

SO FUN!!!! The one with Jeremy holding Kelsee at the temple brought a tear to my eye, so cute. Then the Kelee-for-a-carry-on cracked me up. I also love the picture of your fam in front of the temple.