This weekend was a busy one. Friday morning I took the kids to the neighbor's house to play with their kids so our friends could go to the airport and pick up an aunt flying in from Mexico.
She is a nun and only speaks spanish. I of course speak mostly tacos and burritos so I just said hello and listened to her. I was happy she was there because her family was so excited she was coming. She turned to me and stroked my cheek and said something in spanish. My friend told me that her aunt said I had a face like the Virgin Mary. I was amused and honored all at the same time because to a Catholic nun I'm sure that's a very nice thing to say to someone. I think Mary must have had a kind face, so I was surprised but glad and asked her how long she could stay. It's nice to have people around who say nice things to me.
Saturday morning we had the Jenkins grandchildren Christmas picture. It is quite an adventure getting all those kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time and actually not run away.
Well, the photographer was not so great and that didn't happen, so we ended up getting separate shots of the boys and girls. After the photo studio, David took the kids home and I helped my MIL do some Christmas shopping and we ate Sinful Cinnamon pretzels from Wetzel's Pretzels.
They were so good! I recommend them. Then I picked up Kelsey from home and went to help put together our gifts for the Young Women while David and Jeremy went to Walmart to do some shopping.
I was in charge of getting little stands for the gifts. I went to the Dollar Tree and they were so tangled that I had to just buy them all in a lump and take them home. What a mess! Saturday night our sweet neighbors fed us the most delicious pizza. It was from a place in Santa Ana called First Class Pizza. Yum yum! I love it when people feed me! It's like the best thing you could ever do for me! On Sunday morning David went early to choir practice. I got a peach cobbler ready for Young Women's and brought the ice cream I'd sent David out at 10pm for the night before. When I got to church I found out we were supposed to join the Relief Society for goodies. So I didn't do the cobbler and then I forgot it and the ice cream at the church when we left.
After church we went over to David's parents to take the kids picture again. I had brainstormed for an hour that morning on how we were going to do it so the kids wouldn't run away and would be snuggled all close together. They're still children, but it came out better than the studio. 
After dinner the men watched the children downstairs and the women wrapped all the presents from Grandma and Grandpa on the dining room table.
Then David had the kids line up and do a present relay to the Christmas tree.
On our way home we went to the church to get the forgotten dessert. I was so glad to go home after that and put on our pajamas. I put the kids in bed with me and snuggled them and myself to sleep in no time. Today the adventure starts again! Don't you just love Christmas?
Saturday morning we had the Jenkins grandchildren Christmas picture. It is quite an adventure getting all those kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time and actually not run away.
Well, the photographer was not so great and that didn't happen, so we ended up getting separate shots of the boys and girls. After the photo studio, David took the kids home and I helped my MIL do some Christmas shopping and we ate Sinful Cinnamon pretzels from Wetzel's Pretzels.
They were so good! I recommend them. Then I picked up Kelsey from home and went to help put together our gifts for the Young Women while David and Jeremy went to Walmart to do some shopping.
5 comments:
Bummer about the cobbler! You are so sweet to make that and do ice cream? I just baked sugar cookies for my girls. Of course I forgot them at home so I went back after Sacrament mtg to fetch them.
How awesome to be part of such a great family that does so many wonderful things! The kids look so great!
Hey, your picture of the kids was MUCH better!
Kelsey still looks like a doll.
What fun adventures. I also like your picture better of the kids. I love their outfits! I love that your MIL puts so much effort into doing nice things like that. That is so sweet that you all snugggled to sleep.
I love the Virgin Mary comment. I can't think of any better of a compliment than that. I have always admired nuns that they love God so much to devote their whole life to Him. That is neat.
Post a Comment