I am the luckiest girl ever. I have been blessed with 4 amazing, talented, wonderful, loving sisters from my parents' various marriages who each bless my life in different ways.
But there is only one Cherish.
But then I moved away from home. And we became friends.
And then, just as I was beginning to realize how much I adored her, she moved away to the frozen land of Utah.
Whenever she comes down to visit, she tries to spread her time out among everyone, so I only get a little piece of her. I always try to manipulate her into giving me more, and sometimes she gives in. We always do fun things like going out to breakfast, dying hair, and other silly girly things.
We have a long history of hurt feelings and guilt trips in our family, and Cherish and I have made a pact to break the cycle and be honest with each other. It's nice to be able to be myself around her, no matter what I have to say.
When I was making the preparations for Jeremy to get baptized, I found out my mom would be too ill to come. I was really sad and disappointed. Cherish knew how much it hurt, so she planned a surprise trip down to be at the baptism.
I was the happiest girl in the world.
Cherish is wonderwoman.
She works full-time, bakes all her own bread, budgets like nobody's business, makes things from scratch that I would never, hello cream soup, wheat thins, chicken nuggets, flax eggs, etc. Amazing that girl. She's super smart, super compassionate, and super fun. But most of all she's my super sister, and I love her.
Thanks Cher for being my sister. J'aime J'aime Cherie!!



5 comments:
That is SO sweet! What a wonderful thing to have a relationship like that!
Awww. so sweet.
This is so sweet! Exactly what a sister should be!!
So wonderful! I hope my big girls, once they move away from each other, find out that they are friends too. I sometimes see it but not enough! I CHERISH (hehehe) my moments with my sister, Deirdre, who I did not grow up with! It is wonderful, I grew up with me and 3 younger brothers who I bossed around and now I look up to them!
That's about the sweetest thing ever! I've never had an ode written about me before. Love you loads and tons!
Post a Comment