1/23/11

Sweet Sunday

This year I am recommitting to be the best me I can be.
For my family, for the world around me, and ultimately for my Savior, who gave everything for me.
The 13th Article of Faith states:
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
I believe that this will make us happy, as we continually seek the good.  As I think about the people I most admire and want to be like, I can see that they follow this counsel and live it! Perhaps, this is the answer to my continual struggle for happiness and understanding in the conflicts of life.
The young women in church have been given this article of faith and this admonition to go along with it:
"This year, believe. Believe you are a daughter of Heavenly Father, who loves you and will help you. Believe in the Savior Jesus Christ. He is your light. He is your hope. He is your exemplar and Redeemer. Believe in yourself! Believe in the power of all young women living the standards. All together we can seek after those things that are virtuous, lovely, and praiseworthy. All together we can make a difference in our world."
I know this applies to me, although I'm not so young anymore, and I will follow my Savior, seek out the good, and believe.