Today it rained.
Always a glorious thing to me, but even more so because the sun came out afterward and sparkled on all the droplets and made rainbows for everyone to enjoy. In Noah's time, the Lord sent the rain to cleanse the earth, to give it a fresh start. The rainbow came with a promise from the Lord that the earth would not be flooded again. But I think that means more than not sending too much rain to drown everything on the earth. I think it has a spiritual meaning as well. I think the Lord is promising us that he will not let us be overcome with sin; that he provides a way for us to be cleansed and forgiven without perishing.
Always a glorious thing to me, but even more so because the sun came out afterward and sparkled on all the droplets and made rainbows for everyone to enjoy. In Noah's time, the Lord sent the rain to cleanse the earth, to give it a fresh start. The rainbow came with a promise from the Lord that the earth would not be flooded again. But I think that means more than not sending too much rain to drown everything on the earth. I think it has a spiritual meaning as well. I think the Lord is promising us that he will not let us be overcome with sin; that he provides a way for us to be cleansed and forgiven without perishing.
In Matthew, we read of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.
Full of wisdom and love, and brimming over with practical advice for our everyday life, this little tidbit stuck out to me today.
Full of wisdom and love, and brimming over with practical advice for our everyday life, this little tidbit stuck out to me today.
Matthew 5:45
For He maketh the sun to shine on the evil and the good.
For He maketh the sun to shine on the evil and the good.
And I thought to myself, "Who says I'm not the evil one?"
I'd always thought when the scriptures referred to the evil people of the world, that it was talking about the really severe cases, murderers and such. But what about me? What about the evil little things I do? Raising my voice at my innocent child. Talking ill of my neighbor who left dog poop on the grass to be stepped in. Neglecting to visit those in need because I'm being lazy. I am so glad that the Lord sees fit to bless all of us, including me, even when we don't deserve it. I'm thankful for the rain and sunshine that He sends on my life. I'm thankful that He forgives me over and over again, and continues to help me even though I'm not perfectly good. How much better do I need to be at loving those children of our Father in Heaven who are imperfect like me, whether it be my child who is learning and trying his best, my neighbor who missed picking up one pile of poop, or other people struggling, needing my help rather than my judgement.
I'd always thought when the scriptures referred to the evil people of the world, that it was talking about the really severe cases, murderers and such. But what about me? What about the evil little things I do? Raising my voice at my innocent child. Talking ill of my neighbor who left dog poop on the grass to be stepped in. Neglecting to visit those in need because I'm being lazy. I am so glad that the Lord sees fit to bless all of us, including me, even when we don't deserve it. I'm thankful for the rain and sunshine that He sends on my life. I'm thankful that He forgives me over and over again, and continues to help me even though I'm not perfectly good. How much better do I need to be at loving those children of our Father in Heaven who are imperfect like me, whether it be my child who is learning and trying his best, my neighbor who missed picking up one pile of poop, or other people struggling, needing my help rather than my judgement.
May we all learn to love and forgive as our Father in Heaven and make our light and blessings shine to bless the lives of everyone we meet. Love you lots!! Have a great week!!

2 comments:
Ugh, I know. Every time I read the scripture on charity I think of all the things I'm not doing right.
That is really beautiful!
Post a Comment