skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Home School
So last week we finally started our home school. I had been wanting to but I just felt so overwhelmed by the sickness of my pregnant body that I had decided to just put it off until after the baby came and start in the fall when he would be Kindergarten age. Thanks to my friend and supporter Jon who kept asking me when we were going to start, I finally conquered my fear and organized my thoughts and materials and started! Jeremy loves it! I thought maybe I'd have to talk him into doing it and try to keep his attention, but he's glued and excited for everything we do. We start out with our Motto, which is Kindness Begins With Me. Then we sing the Primary song that goes along with it and have a prayer. Then he's got 6 things to do in any order he chooses. I have the schedule for him to look at and I tried to put it in language that would excite him and I used pictures to show him what each word meant. He has Letters, Numbers, Outside, Reading, Helping, and Drawing. He loves every one of his subjects! It's great to see what we need to do again the next day and what things he gets right away. For Numbers we played Go Fish with his Diego cards and he learned so much. Grouping things, give and take, addition, counting groups; it was really cool to see him develop lots of different skills in one exercise. Last week the LDS homeschool group for Orange County was having spring break, but I'm excited to go with them this week. They meet every Wednesday for twice a month field trips and park days. Anyway, fun, fun!
1 comment:
It's so exciting that you are homeschooling! I hope the homeschool group meets your needs.
Post a Comment