11/10/08

Happy Birthday Cherish!

Today is my sister Cherish's birthday. Cherish and I were the sisters who lived together the longest, and so I have the most memories of her. Of course that's not saying much since you all know my memory is about as long as I am. Cherish and I fought like cats and dogs when we lived together. I was always in trouble for tormenting her and she was always innocent. She was the smart one, starting to read at age 2, reading my dad's electronics handbooks at age 4, and starting college at age 10. She scared me to death in her teenage years, going off on adventures all over the country all by herself with just her tent and a whole lotta independence. When she finally got married, I was excited that she was living closer to me, but that didn't last long, as she soon moved to the great state of Utah to buy a house and establish her own family. I miss her terribly and am so excited to see her this Thursday when she's coming for a little visit! Happy Birthday sister friend, I love you to pieces!!!

4 comments:

Cherish said...

Awwww THANKS! I feel so loved! Can't wait to see you and dye my hair!

Pemberley Court said...

I know exactly what you mean! We have one sister in our ward that plays really well and our organist who will be moving in a couple of months. I love to play and teach but, I have carple tunnel syndrome and tendinitis in my right hand that limits me. I've had it since I was 15 but it's getting more frequent the past couple of years. I'm gonna add you too! BTW, did I read that you homeschool? I did last year for a few months but it just didn't work out for me. You can read all about it in my Aug or Sept posts. (If you want)

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

Cherish, you are going to dye your hair? I hope you guys blog about that. I am so excited to see it! Jaime, that was cool overview of her life. Happy Birthday Cherish!

Tasha said...

Yea for sisters!!! I hope she had a great birthday!