After all the work we've put in for this, the phone calls, the rallies, the fliers, it's finally here, the day we'll find out if our hard work really paid off. I talked to another home school mom yesterday and she was all tied up in knots over how much was at stake in this election. I told her about all that I've been doing for Prop. 8 and she said well at least you've been out doing something, I'm just worrying. I am thankful that the church gave us the opportunity to be involved, though it was a pain in the butt. I'm a little worried too, but I feel like we've done what we can do and the world marches on for better or worse. We will figure it out, whatever the outcome. We must have faith that the Lord loves us and our children and will be with those that love Him and try to do His will. I received another comment this morning from Tom, my favorite blog stalker. This has been a difficult and tricky issue and has really divided some of us. I hope that we can all remain friends and respect each other's beliefs, knowing that in voting as in everything in life, we have to follow our own consciences and make the best choices we know how.
6 years ago
2 comments:
Now that it has passed, what is to stop the courts from overturning it again?
Apparently, this time it's a constitutional amendment, so that's supposed to make a difference. I sure hope so; we put a lot of time and money as a state into it.
Post a Comment