5/5/08

Poll Results

So overwhelmingly you would rather be deaf than blind. That's what I would choose. Those of you who know me well know that I am very jumpy and the slightest little thing can scare me. I feel scared to think of one of my senses being taken away that would make me less aware of what was going on around me. But, I think it would be harder for me and more panicky to be blind than deaf. Plus I learned sign language a long time ago, so I think I could pick it up easier than Braille. Why did you vote the way you did?

2 comments:

Cherish said...

I chose deaf because I know what it's like to not see well without glasses and it's really unnerving. As I think about it, there are so many more reasons. I can't imagine life without being able to read as prolifically as I do.

The Greathouse Family said...

I'd rather be blind. I couldn't imagine never hearing music, or being able to sing, or hearing my children's voices. It does seem like it would be harder to live with blindness but I'd have the coolest dog!