5/7/08

Scripture Study

Last night we had the Phillips over for Family Home Evening. Jon taught the lesson on Family scripture study. I was really glad because I had just been thinking we should get into that again. It's hard when the kids are little. At bedtime we read a verse with Jeremy and then say our family prayer, and David and I read the scriptures separately, but we haven't been reading them together. We used to read together every night, but it was a little less effective because I would say to David, "Read to me," and then I would fall asleep. So I would like any suggestions you have on how you make scripture study work in your homes. Thanks!

2 comments:

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

You already know this, but first I read the story in picture book and knowing that we will be acting it out they seem to listen better. Then we all act it out together. Then we read one verse of the actual scritures from the story. Sometimes it's hard cause I'm tired and I want to just sit, but it's fun. I love you!!!! HUG HUG HUG!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you!! It's hard to read as a family, but it's worth it.