5/23/08

Whining Session

So this is your warning, I know there are starving children in Africa, but the following is nothing but whining, so if you don't want to hear it, stop reading NOW!
Ok, so I am so sick of being sick!!! This has been a rough week for me. My belly is so upset and feeling nauseated all the time is just no fun. My sister is coming from Utah for a visit tomorrow and I really want to have fun with her but it's looking like we'll spend the day lying around. Jeremy has a talk on Sunday in Primary which I was so excited about but I've done nothing to help him prepare for it. People just don't get it; I feel like I should be wearing a sign that says, yes, I'm still sick, get over it! They're always asking me questions like "you're still sick?" "But it's only in the morning right?" NO! I am sick at any given time of the day or all day like this week. No I don't really throw up very much but feeling like you need to and not actually doing it is almost worse, since there's no relief. I'm lonely and bored, but I don't want people to come over because then I would have to get dressed and that makes me sicker. And the thing I've figured out is that the pregnancy sickness actually is harder on me emotionally and mentally than physically. Something about your body not feeling right and not being able to perform normally is really upsetting. I look at things coming up and feel like I'll always be sick and not able to do anything again. It's like I'm not logically able to realize that there really is an end to the sickness. Well for those of you who actually made it to the end of this post, thanks for listening.

6 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Wow! That sure was a lot of complaining! It's not good for people like me to read that because I feel like I'm responsible in a way. Sorry if I've ever said that stuff.

Cherish said...

Ohhh my poor sicko sister. I'm sorry you feel so yucky. It's okay because I know you feel bad and that's why I just brought movies so we could veg on the couch.

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass.
At least, that's what they say, right?

Rebecca said...

Jaime...I TOTALLY understand how you are feeling. That's exactly how I feel when pregnant...but I guess I'm a bit lucky that I eventually stop feeling sick around the second trimester. I really feel for you because feeling like that for the entire pregnancy just sounds awful. I remember thinking, "will this ever end?" And, when it goes on for 7-8weeks it does feel like forever...I'm so sorry you have to deal with it for 40 weeks. Oh I just remember throwing up all the time and also just feeling like throwing up and having no relief all day long. It's torture. I can only imagine that you feel like it will never end.

Cory said...

i can't say i know EXACTLY how you feel because i'm not you, but i can surely relate. just know that you're not alone. i feel like i'm the super big complainer right now too. i just keep telling myself it will be over soon and then i'll have a cute little guy to hold and love, but until then, i'm pretty miserable!!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

I listened and you are so strong, such an inspiration. I also enjoyed the next entry. Those were awesome things to be thankful for! I love you!