11/26/08

In All Things Give Thanks

In honor of Thanksgiving I would like to list as many things as I can think of for which I am thankful.

1. My husband - He really tries to make me happy.
2. My beautiful boy - I love his innocence.
3. My precious baby girl - She's such a miracle to me.
4. My Home - It needs a lot of TLC that we may never be able to afford to give it, but we're so fortunate to have it.
5. My backyard - It's such a green haven away from the city, a place where Jeremy imagines volcanos and pirates, and a place to satisfy my need to grow things.
6. My car - I am so lucky to not have to share it, very often.
7. My piano - This recent blessing has brought so much joy to our home.
8. My Young Women calling - These girls are such a boon to my soul.
9. My friends - The love they share with me is so necessary to my well-being.
10. My extended family - They are a mixed bag of tricks, but I LOVE THEM!
11. My computer - It allows me to stay in touch with people and issues that are important to me.
12. My garbage pick-up - It's so wonderful to have my trash hauled away on a regular basis.
13. My body - It's tricky, but it's been pretty good to me and my babies as well.
14. My camera - I love to capture every moment of my children's lives.
15. My clothes - It's such a blessing to get dressed in clothes that not only cover me but feel good as well.
16. My weather - We complain so much about it, but we live in one of the best climates ever.
17. My chance to school Jeremy - It is quite an adventure, but so rewarding to hear him read and see him grow and do other things that I taught him.
18. My sewing machine - Wow, I'm so glad I don't have to sew by hand; I probably wouldn't do it.
19. My temple - It's a great blessing to have one so close I can really go and still be breastfeeding.
20. My Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ - Without them I would be nothing; their love sustains me and guides me through the darkness and light of my life.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

We really do have a lot of the same things on our list! I love how you did it with pictures. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Pemberley Court said...

WOW!!! Really well said. I am so gratefull for the same things especially the trash pick up!!! With 6 of us it gets bad! LOL Happy Thanksgiving. What is your YW calling? I'm 1st councelor (sp).Is it councilor? I'm too tired!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

Wow, you are so good at putting pictures and words together. And thinking of awesome things to blog about. I love reading your blog. I love you. Thanks for sharing a piece of you!

Cherish said...

I love your Thanksgiving post! It's so beautiful. I have to say I burst out laughing at the trash entry - the way you worded it was so funny...you could interpret it to mean other things too.

P.S. I made Nathan tell me his favorite food so I could vote for him - he voted for turkey.

Tammy Engebretsen said...

Dear Jaime, It was wonderful reading your blog and catching up on all that you have been up to and seeing pictures of your beautiful family. You were a fabulous sister missionary so it is no surprise that you continue on in being fabulous!!! Love you oxoxoxo

Ronda said...

Very creative...It must have taken some time to do that...cool

Unknown said...

You are so wonderful! I'm thankful for you too! By the way I will be in your ward on Sunday!

Angie said...

What a great thankful list...I need to tag myself on that one! lol...We also feel so blessed to have a piano...we hear beautiful music on it every day! :)

Deb said...

I love the way you made your list with pix...i love to look at pix...always! Great things to be thankful about.