9/18/07

Happy Meals

Yesterday we had so many friends come over. So fun! First Superstar's friend came over with Happy Meals which made everyone, well, happy. It's so fun to watch him interact with other kids and the things he says to them. Then Daddy's friend came for dinner. We haven't seen her in a few years. She's quite the world traveler. Anytime she's got a few days off she takes off across the world somewhere. She just got home from Honduras and is thinking about going back next week to dive some more. So spontaneous! If I went to Honduras or anywhere, I'd probably plan it for months! I told her to live it up while she's still single. You go girl! Luke came for dinner too and then he and Daddy went to play racquetball. I got to drive Luke's bad boy truck back to his house. It was so fun! I didn't want to forget how to drive a stick, and since it's been almost 5 years since I became a lazy mama automatic driver, I thought I should brush up on my stick skills. I forgot how much I like it! We were waiting to turn though and Superstar tried to shift which freaked me out, but luckily we were stopped and nothing happened. Plus I'd never driven a 4 wheel drive before so I tried to shift the wrong stick and ended up in neutral for a while. I figured it out, but Daddy and Luke were laughing at me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm- i still don't know how to drive a stick. i could probably do it if i had to, but i might look dumb driving around town jerking the car so violently.

Cherish said...

Wow, that reminds me of that huge truck that used to live in your driveway. Watching you drive that was quite the adventure!