So our little Kelsey is a week old already. I've been kind of feeling sad about how fast is seems to be going. Daddy said I can't be sad already; she's still so little. So today I reminded myself to just enjoy every day like I do with Jeremy. So, as far as an update, she's a really good baby. She sleeps a lot, nurses like a champion, and is a professional pooper (5 last night).
Jeremy loves her but isn't all over her, bugging her and making her cry, so that's good. According to my mom, I wasn't so good with my baby sister, so I'm lucky with Jeremy. Kelsey has been trying to hold her head up since the day she was born, so you have to watch her head, because she swings it around trying to hold it up.
We've really been enjoying having Daddy home with us and will be sad when he goes back to work on Wednesday. He adores his little girl and I have been sticking to my resolve to not be a baby hog this time and give him equal time. I just love to hold the babies, but he does too.
Her umbilical cord fell off today, which is good because tomorrow we have our first picture appt. and I can give her a bath now and her belly looks cute!
Daddy nicknamed her Smiley because she smiles so much in her sleep.
6 years ago
6 comments:
Does she have dimples? It looks like it in her smiling picture! And, the picture of her squishy enormous cheeks makes me want to kiss her face off!...But I won't.
She is so darling! I hope you're doing well.
so cute. it took moma a whole month before her cord fell off! she hung on to that thing like it was gold. the doctor said it was because she was over due and a lot of over due babies have a hard time getting rid of them. it drove me nuts to not be able to bathe her properly for so long. i could only do sponge baths!! so frustrating.
Awww look at those pudgy cheeks! So cute!
So is so cute!!! I can't wait to meet her!!
I agree on the dimple observation! I think she's gonna have them. I love dimples. Allan has great dimples but so far four kids and no dimples. She is so perfect. It was so fun to see her in the hospital!
Post a Comment