7/1/08

Contractions and Loose Tooth

So I'm up in the night with lots of contractions, but they're not regular so they just interrupt my sleep, they're not sending me to the hospital unfortunately. This is a good day to have the baby. I wanted to wait until July because the Jenkins don't have any grandchildren born in July, so she'll have the whole month to herself on that side. On my side, it's a different story. So I had the last dr. appt. yesterday. I love my dr. she's so nice. They're all really nice there. It's weird to think I won't be seeing them anymore on a regular basis. The receptionist and the nurses and my 2 ladies I go to for my appointments have been really fun to get to know. It's Kaiser, so it's a big place and not a small dr. office, so it's so great for them to be so personal. Jeremy asked the dr. for some gloves, so she gave him a pair. He told her he wanted to help her, but by then she was done, so she gave him another pair for the road and he was happy. I'm dilated to a 1 1/2, but it doesn't mean much to me since it's a c-section, and that's a very low dilation number. The dr. asked if I wanted her to strip my membranes. They did that with Jeremy when I was overdue and it was absolutely more painful than I ever want to experience again, so I said NO! In other news, Jeremy finally lost his 2nd tooth. I'm so glad! It's been dangling and dangling and he wouldn't let me pull it out or hardly even touch it. Daddy and I disagreed about what to do. I wanted to pull it and Daddy said no we have to let him trust us not to do it if he didn't want us to. I was afraid he was going to swallow it, his teeth are so tiny! So last night I made him eat an apple and I kept having him check it. It finally came out in his hand and I had to admit it was nice to have it not be so traumatic as making him lie still to pull it. That just reminded me I needed to put a dollar under his pillow. Yikes I almost forgot!

6 comments:

Cherish said...

Another tooth! Exciting! Pretty soon you can do a scrapbook page just based on all the missing teeth pictures.

I agree, what is the point of stripping your membranes if you are having a c-section? Then you might go into labor early and they'd have to rush you in when they don't want to. Extra pain for nothing. Well..... I guess getting the baby out sooner isn't nothing. :P

Cory said...

i am getting my membranes stripped on monday. i've had it done before (4 times with moma). it hurts a lot, but i'll do anything for a chance to get this kid out of me sooner. i agree... why do it if you're having a c-section in a week?

The Greathouse Family said...

Umm, I prctically tackle Charles to get his teeth out because it drives me nuts that he won't even wiggle them. I guess I get the Worst-Mom-of-the-Year Award!! LOL!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adventure Mommy Susan said...

It's amazing that his teeth have fallen out so fast. Austin has had ones loose for 2 months before they came out. I just let him figure it out. It doesn't effect me. I'm glad he's never swallowed any, I never though about that. Jeremy looks SO cute!!!

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

I posted the same thing twice, that's why I erased one. I think Audrey helped me with that. He, he, he