7/11/08

Pediatrician & Pirate Ship

Today we went to the doctor's appointment the hospital set up for Kelsey. She gained weight and looks great, so we don't have to bring her back for 2 months. Thank goodness. I hate to bring the tiny ones to the doctor's. They're so fragile and vulnerable and there's so much sickness there. Anyway, I caught her "smiling" this afternoon as she took a catnap on my lap. It's fun to see, even though we know it's just a reflex. Yesterday when we got home we gave Jeremy a present to celebrate his big brotherhood. It was a pirate ship that he had been wanting. He has actually been asking for it, which is funny because he never asks for specific toys. He has been playing with it nonstop since we gave it to him, so I'm glad. It was a good purchase. He is more involved and in love with his baby sister every day.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't stand it she is so cute!! Everyone looks so happy. A smile captured on film? You lucky girl! Jeremy looks so big now doesn't he? He looks so happy with his present.

Ronda said...

Jeremy looks like a great big brother!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new addition. She looks like a Jenkins!

Cherish said...

Wow, he looks incredibly happy about his present!

The Greathouse Family said...

I like to believe that babies smile in their sleep because that's when they communicate with Father in Heaven.

Miriam said...

She's adorable, he's adorable--and that looks like a fun pirate ship. I think I want one!

I'm really glad you don't have to take Kelsey back for several weeks. Good job, Jaime and David!