6/2/08

Flu and Friends

My poor boys! They have had the flu really badly. I have known David for 13 years and he has never been as sick as this. David is finally well and going back to work tomorrow, but he started in with it Thursday night, and then Jeremy started throwing up Saturday night. I have been trying to not get it as I have enough issues of my own! But you know how it is when someone is sick in the house; somehow it mysteriously spreads no matter how hard you try to disinfect everything. I felt bad because my sister and her family came from Utah for a funeral and stopped by to visit before we knew David and Jeremy were getting sick. The kids had fun playing in the backyard and they enjoyed some fruit off our trees. Then on Saturday we went to Costco with Jon and Brooke and then they invited us over for yummy seafood bbq. I had been craving shrimp and it was so yummy with the fresh pineapple on the kabobs. Mmmmmm! But so far so good, no one else is sick and I hope it stays that way. Being sick every day with my pregnancies makes me especially empathetic to people with the flu, because that's what pregnancy feels like to me, the 9 month flu. We are keeping quarantined in our house this week just to make sure it doesn't spread, but I know it's going around, so best wishes to you to stay healthy and happy!

2 comments:

Cherish said...

I'm sorry but eww eww what are those creepy things on the grill? Lobster or something? I would never think to make shrimp kabobs but I'll bet it was good.

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

Thanks for posting Audrey. I feel special. Wow, that fruit was divine. I am choking down our oranges, they just are not measuring up. One day I will have a green house with orange trees and avacodo trees and . . .