skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Memorial Day Weekend
All right, catch up time. Last weekend was of course Memorial Day. On Sunday night we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins, like normal, and then we camped out in the backyard! It was fun. We had a little tent city back there, one for each family. We barbecued and made smores and the kiddies slept way too little. But it was fun!
I love sleeping outside and especially on the nice cushy grass with an air mattress and the bathroom not so far away. We planned it the week before when it was miserably hot, and by the time the weekend came it was threatening rain, but it held off for us. The next afternoon the whole family went to the cheap theater to see Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who. Well, don't ask me how it was because the movie kept breaking down so we finally got our money back for all 16 of us. So disappointing. But the weekend was an adventure we won't forget!
3 comments:
Awww, three generations of smore makers. Cute. You forgot to mention that you have the means to wash the dirt off your feet.... oh I guess that was covered in the bathroom. :-)
What a great idea--All the adventure of camping PLUS the convenience of home!!
What a great picture of you. I'm so jealous. I want to look that good sleeping in a tent!
Post a Comment