6/10/08

Pack your bags!

So it suddenly occurred to me that since I keep telling people I could have the baby at any time, she's all baked except for a little fat on her, I should really pack a bag and have her clothes ready. So yesterday I got ambitious and washed all the newborn clothes. I forgot how many little clothes it takes to fill up the washer. I'm used to big clothes that fill it up fast. I got all her newborn clothes, her towels, blankets, and swaddlers in there. I read the list from the hospital and I'm determined to stick to it. Last time I brought way too much stuff. They really provide everything you need for the baby, so I just packed her clothes to come home in, and Jeremy's coming home outfit in case she is a he. You just never know. I think it would be fun if pregnant bellies were see through like fish tanks and you could watch them in there. Of course I'd still be clothed, but I could choose to let people take a little peep.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! When you make your world, you should do that, okay?

Anonymous said...

When you make your world...HA! HA!
I thought it went like this:
"when you and your good hubby make your own world"...Anyway, I bet you'll make the gestation period 9 hours, 9 days, even 9 weeks, instead of 9 months, right??? And I'll bet you'll plan for the hubby to carry the baby boys inside their tummies, right???
After all, we are all created equal. Equal rights, equal duties.

On 2nd thought, maybe I'll just be glad "to live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me."

Yvonne said...

I said that same thing... I would have loved to peek in there all the time!!!!

The Greathouse Family said...

I thought the fishbowl idea was really, really gross! It's like a really disturbing idea one would have for a science-fiction thriller! My mind took that idea too far and now I'm suffering from imagination overload.

Unknown said...

You know what else would be fun about the fishbowl view? When the pregnancy website says your baby is the size of a cucumber or a radish or whatever it says in that particular week, you could actually hold up the veggie next to your tummy and compare!