6/27/08

Nesting

So I guess I'm what they call "nesting." I have been obsessively cleaning out every room in the house and have even tackled all the storage boxes in the garage. Poor Daddy has been dragged along in my quest because, hello, I'm 9 months pregnant and still throwing up! I can't do much but sit there and go through stuff and then say, put that there please, goodwill pile please, etc. Last night we tackled 5 years worth of boy clothes. Boy did I have fun dressing Jeremy and it showed in the piles and piles and piles of clothes I had to go through. They're so cute and I had fun putting together his wardrobe, especially when he was little and the clothes were much cuter. I was sorting them and getting them ready to give to a lady in my ward who is having her first boy. I called her and she said she didn't need them she already had lots of clothes given to her. Well, that was a wrench in my plans! Out of all three of the ladies in my ward having boy babies, she was the only one that wanted them and now she's out too! What the heck! There's so many clothes to go around! Then Daddy did a turnaround and decided he didn't want to keep the clothes until we were sure it was a girl. I was shocked because he had been so adamant in not letting me get rid of anything until the baby was born and we were sure. So I was sensible and weeded out my favorite boy clothes if it is surprise! a boy and the rest is going bye bye. I sorted through the containers of holiday stuff too and got rid of a ton of that too. It feels great! The house has never been this organized since we have lived in it. It's not like model home perfect, but it feels so much better and under control. And it's nice to tackle the storage in the garage because we had some cats get in there and they peed on everything and so all the stuff was safe in the Rubbermaid bins, but the bins themselves were disgusting and it's good to have them go! I just counted them and there are 16 bins and 4 more in the garage that still have things we're not getting rid of.

3 comments:

Cherish said...

Wow, you've accumulated a lot of bins.

Before you donate the clothes to the thrift store, can you check w/Mom because there is a girl in her ward who is having a boy and they have NO money. She didn't even do prenatal appointments because she's that broke, and that just blows my mind.

Miriam said...

Wow, I'm so impressed!!!
You've inspired me so many times; I just don't know if I'm quite up to THIS challenge... :-)

Cory said...

well... i could actually use the clothes now. i went trough the clothes i was given from my friend and a lot of it is not the right season. (actually... most of it) if you haven't gotten rid of them yet, i will take them. i could come and pick them up this weekend. let me know. or if you want to wait until you're sure it's a girl, then just call me after you get home from the hospital and we'll come by and get them. hope it's not too late. i thought it was until i read this post so just let me know. i could use some storage bins too if you still have those. just call or email me.